Female Entrepreneur / Founder Community

Female Entrepreneur / Founder Community

Hi Ladies - I’m Mag. I am a female founder, entrepreneur, and CEO of Pangian. As we are growing Pangian to the largest remote work ecosystem in the world, I am looking for other female entrepreneurs to connect, exchange ideas and create a powerful support system. If you would like to join, please introduce yourself below, share what you do and let’s connect. Cheers to blazing the trail!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m María Verónica, a Graphic Designer from Argentina. I’ve been running a Graphic Design business for around four years. My main focus is to help women entrepreneurs by creating a visual system that represents them. You can see some of what I do at http://www.veroguevara.com . I’m really excited to connect with other women entrepreneurs!

2 Likes

Great to meet you @mariaguevara. I love the power of the internet and remote /virtual connections. I’m originally from Poland, now living in San Francisco and absolutely love traveling the world (loved visiting Argentina)

How did you get into graphic design and what prompt you to create your own company vs getting a job?

1 Like

Well, magazines, album covers, book covers were things that I’ve always liked and when I realized that I could make a career out of that I decided to study Graphic Design. I’ve been working as a designer in my father small advertising agency and in other places as well. When my father retired I decided to continue with the agency but I also noticed that entreprenenurs needed some guidance regarding visual image, so I started this paralel business focusing on women entrepreneurs.

2 Likes

@mariaguevara I love your story! Super inspiring. What’s the biggest challenge you encounter as an entrepreneur?

Mainly get a consistent flow of work/clients.

2 Likes

@mariaguevara I understand. That’s usually one of the biggest challenges for any entrepreneur - business development. This community is actually a great option to connect with future clients or employers.

1. You can always check new job postings on our job board (we post new jobs daily) - https://pangian.com/job-travel-remote/

2. Also, feel free to create your own thread and share your story and pictures from your graphic designer portfolio as that’s usually # 1-way people resonate with graphic design service.

1 Like

Hi Mag! I love the Pangian concept! I help entrepreneurs and businesses get their unique message out and increase sales through better email marketing. (I write great copy!) I’d love to connect with other female entrepreneurs.

1 Like

Hi @jenniewiley great to have you in our Pangian remote tribe and now are newly started Female Entrepreneur and Founder Community. How did you get into email marketing and copy writing?

Thanks! When I decided to transition out of teaching I joined a coaching program to learn how to use my writing skills in a new way. I get to combine my passion for helping others with my love of words. Been at it for about a year now.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! @Mag I would love to join and contribute! I own a boutique marketing company in New York - Social Vibe Marketing, Inc., specializing in social media, data analytics and reputation. I am also a director with Long Island Women in Tech (http://www.liwomenintech.com) - we have over 600 members in Long Island and work on offering mentorship, support and outreach. I’m also the community chair for The WIT Network Long Island (http://www.thewitnetwork.com) it’s a global Women in Tech organization backed by Microsoft. There are many local chapters worldwide :blush:

2 Likes

@leeannburgess that sounds exciting!

I would love to hear about the experiences you ladies have when you first started; such as what sort of obstacles and how you overcame them.

I have some freelance marketing work coming in now and then and have been playing with the idea of building on those work to become an entrepreneur :thinking:

2 Likes

Sounds awesome @jenniewiley

Hi @leeannburgess welcome to our tribe and wow - you are definitely an entrepreneur! It’s a great and interesting combination of your marketing agency and women in tech organizations. How long have you been in running your business?

1 Like

@jolenexu welcome to our Female Entreprenuer tribe. And wow - for me entraprenuership was super different than my previous career in global enterpirses.

I would say my biggest challenge, in the beginning, was to learn all kinds of different skills like marketing, social media, sales, writing, pitching … When I first started, everything was new and I thought I need to learn it all. With hindsight 20/20, I would recommend just focusing on helping one customer at the time and slowly scale from there first and not trying to do it all of it at once.

How about you? What’s your biggest challenge?

Thanks for your thoughts, @Mag!

I’m still pretty new to this so right now it’s really just having the courage to get started in creating my own brand. And figuring out how to get a consistent flow of work, like @mariaguevara mentioned.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Carolina, from Portugal! Working full time for a non remote startup company (but remote friendly I should add!), but I intend on working 100% remotely within the next 2-3 years because I just love the freedom and actually save 2.5 hours of my day not commuting.

Looking forward to e-connect with you! And any tips you may have for a very organized, ambitious and hard working gal please let me know!

1 Like

Hi @Mag! I started out in 2008 after I had my first child, and at the time, I was co-owner of a eco-friendly company that we had built out niche e-commerce sites for selling eco-friendly home furnishings. I was active in that business for about 5 years and fast forward a few years, going through a divorce and being a mom of 3 kids (5 and under at the time) I started a digital marketing company that specialized in social media and reputation management. Over the last few years, I got more involved in helping others in business and marketing and got involved helping the women in tech organization in Long Island. That has evolved and I was made a chair of the WIT group by Microsoft. So, my business and objectives have certainly evolved over the years, but at the end of the day, i love helping others, finding a solution(s) to business challenges and being active in the WIT community. :blush:
So, in total, 11 years of running a business!

2 Likes

HI @carolinagomes welcome to our tribe and super cool to welcome you all the way from Portugal. Where in Portugal do you live?

I spent about 2 months in Lisbon last year over Christmas and NYE and loved it! Also, we have some cool Pangians in Lisbon.

I’m excited that the startup you are working for is remote-friendly. What do you do at the startup?

Hi Mag and ladies! What a beautiful concept and community you have here. It’s the best website of this kind I’ve seen, where someone actually seems to care and get involved. Congrats!

About me… I’m a control freak, so I’ve always been good in team management roles. I’ve been working 100% remotely in the last 2.5 years and this week I’ve just started a 9-5 office job. I am blown away by the mistake I made. I am sitting in the office and counting minutes. I need to get off it asap (my resignation letter is written already) and back to a remote job that will challenge me and allow me to be creative while putting at work my best skills.

I’ve been quite confused about the direction I should take my career towards. After 10 years in operations and project management, I then ran an online fitness business for 2 years (with branding, email marketing, social media paid ads, live webinars, website building, sales etc), then I decided to get into an industry (Microsoft Dynamics 365) everybody was saying it’s pretty much impossible to get into with 0 experience. I got in and went from intern to Practice Lead in 5 months.

Now I don’t know which direction to take. I keep chasing the latest trends and up skilling myself, but I don’t feel I’m doing something I really enjoy. If any of you lovely ladies have some advice for me, I would very much appreciate it. Would a career coach help? My brains are packed with podcasts and books I keep listening to, trying to find my way, but none have helped much. The one good thing I’ve heard lately was Naval Ravikant saying “do what you’re naturally good at, without chasing what’s hot all the time, because by the time you get it, that’s not hot anymore”.

So… help?..

1 Like