Have you struggled adapting to working from home?

Hi everyone, excited to join this forum.

While transitioning to working remotely or from home, did you struggle to adapt to the new routine?

What was your biggest challenge when adapting?

I am asking these questions because I personally had to adapt to working from home, and it was a challenge in the first few months.

I used to work until 7AM on my business and then go to sleep. That habit lasted over a year until I finally changed and saw a serious improvement in productivity.

Did you have trouble adapting to the working from home? If yes, which challenges?

• Maintaining Habits
  • Dealing with Loneliness
  • Dealing with Procrastination
  • I did not face any challenges
2 Likes

Hi! This is interesting! Most challenging for me is to deal with loneliness, I miss my colleagues. I used to laugh with them most of the time :frowning: But thanks to my new career, now, I can do the other things that I sacrificed before, like playing sports and studying musical instruments

Hi Nelvin! Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’ve had to deal with loneliness too. Have you ever worked from a coffee shop or a co-working space to combat that feeling? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Yes I have tried working on a coffee shop but not to overcome loneliness :sweat_smile: I only do it when we experience power outage. Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll try it.

1 Like

For me, dealing with procrastination was the biggest obstacle. I take a short break every hour from the keyboard and that helps me to focus on the remaining 59 minutes. This has made me more productive in less time.
In an office with drive-bys etc., I didn’t have the flexibility to do this.

1 Like

I’ll try to do your 1 minute break! Thanks for sharing!