Suggested training/Classes to make oneself more hirable

Hello Pangians!

I’ve been a member for about 6 months and I find I continue to get passed up on positions I apply for. I want to make myself more marketable.
What classes, online training, applied skills or courses would you suggest would be the best to pursue for the average remote or partially remote position?

Also, I have Google Digital garage open under courses to take. Has anybody had any experience with these courses and are they worth the time?

Thank you in advance!

It depends on what line of work you are in/want to be in.

I am a Linux Sys Admin/IT Manager with some related skills and looked for roles like that in various places. I spotted that the same three things came up again and again and trained up in them myself. I suddenly found I was in big demand. It cost me a bit of time, but no money at all.

I don’t know if that is applicable to your line of work, but simple pattern spotting did it for me.

I don’t know anything about Google Digital Garage. I used Youtube and some industry message boards (especially Reddit) for training links.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I suppose I meant to clarify: On average what would be some valuable skills or training to obtain for remote work in the support, customer service, and marketing realm. Even adding technical jobs/skills but not as advanced as a full developer.

Per your reply, I do like the idea of looking for the consistencies in career postings I am interested in. Thank you for the input.

1 Like

Hi @jessicajulian have you check our remote academy? you’ll learn so many tips from @Mag and be inspired with our success stories. https://pangian.com/go-remote-work/