Welcome new Pangians!

Welcome new Pangians!. Please say hello and introduce yourself. Where are you from and what do you do?

Also, jump in and check out all remote jobs on our job board at http://pangian.com/job-travel-remote/

Would love to connect. I’m at: https://pangian.com/user/magboron/ . I am currently working remotely from Lisbon, Portugal.

Cheers to freedom and location independence!

@alejandramartino @brittanymcnamara @brendadominick @carriechowske @davidwillis @daniellearrington @dariuszbazaczek @editadurikova @elifuncu @fionascullion @filipalimpic @florindosantilli

19 Likes

Great pic!!! I love Lisbon! Is one of my fave European cities! Enjoy!

1 Like

I am Maida and am from Montreal, Quebec Canada. I work full time as an Executive Secretary but am looking to leave my job and find something part time in an office so that I can work on my other businesses. I also teach ESL and have two English language groups on Meetup.com. In addition I am also looking to work as a Virtual Assistant so I can be my own boss. I would love to do more teaching English and less working in an office.

2 Likes

Hey Mag, thats cool shot. Have come here after long time. Hopeing to restart my remote job search again. Hope to get followers :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks so much @gautamdotcom. Great to have you back with us! Where are you at these days?

2 Likes

Hi Maida @maidahaltrecht great to meet you. Sounds like you have ton of experience, with both Executive Secretary and English teaching being super transferable to remote work. Do you teach English online (remotely) already?

1 Like

Hi Mag - nice to meet you! I am a Canadian currently living in Ghent, Belgium. My background is in marketing, a digital media professional with 10+ years of experience in the entertainment and software industries. Social media marketing, communications, copywriting, digital content curation, editorial managing and post production, etc. Currently looking for any remote marketing possibilities. I am a musician as well and will be expanding my live shows throughout Europe therefore I would like the flexibility that remote affords.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauraleeschultz/

3 Likes

Welcome to the chat ! I hope you find all the help you need here! Let us know if we can help in any way! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello! I’m currently looking to end my career in banking. It’s been a fun ride, but I’m following my passion into the tech world right now. Currently learning to code and trying to improve my knowledge of all things tech, so I can hopefully offer awesome support at a great tech company!

Look forward to getting to know all of you!

3 Likes

Welcome to the chat @jessicadaniels, I had a similar path I transition from the banking system, but even while in banking I was in the IT and security part of the operations and preventing any type of digital fraud. It was also a great ride! I wish you the best of luck on your transition.

2 Likes

Hi everyone it’s nice to meet you all, I am Mohamed Nabil from Egypt and I am a Front End Developer certified from Udacity from couple of months and I am nearly 2 years in web development and I am making a career change from civil engineering to web development and I hope I can work remotely with the help of you all, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @mohamednabil, great to meet you! I’ve always wanted to visit Egypt and I hope I can make it happen one day :slight_smile:

Congrats on your career switch to web development! Do you currently work as a front end developer in the office? Also if you have a portfolio site - feel free to share here as well.

HI @jessicadaniels great to meet you. I did actaully something similar. I was in tech and aerospace first, then moved to banking and then back to tech :slight_smile:

Are you thinking of full tech, like web or app development or more of IT PM ?

Hello, I am Mark Q from New Zealand. I am an IT professional in the field of Application Support and Systems Administration. I am now transitioning my career to be full time remote. I hope I can find some inspirations, encouragements, new friends and jobs here. I am so grateful to have found this website and be part of it. Thank you.

Thanks Mag for your welcoming and your efforts, I am still looking for work in an office in team environment but I sometimes work as freelancer by project cuz still my professional experience is small and most companies are looking for senior role with more professional experience, so that’s why I am trying to take remote work and increase my experience in the field, this my LinkedIn profile http://linkedin.com/in/mohnabil-fend
for more details about my skills and projects and it contains also my simple portfolio, thanks again.

2 Likes

@mohamednabil you are doing all the right things. When you are first trying to break into the industry - don’t be afraid to start small, eg, take the small freelancing projects you find or office work. It’s all good.

The key here is - no matter how small the job - make sure you are the BEST at it so others want to give you more and more assignments. This is also how you create your professional reputation. Once you have a great reputation, you will never have to look for a job again.

My fav quote is: “Be so good they can’t ignore you”

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Vince. Thank you Mag for creating Pangians. I enjoy browsing the various remote job listings. By the way, great pic on the boat! Nothing says freedom like boating on the open seas!

Currently, I am unemployed, and I am seeking a remote job opportunity.

Orginally from upstate New York, but moved to Virginia about 12 years ago.

My background is mostly in administrative and customer service, which includes seven years working in the Hospitality Industry for the Marriott Corporation and about a year working on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.

During my unemployment I have been teaching myself coding and just built a basic static website using HTML and CSS. If anyone is interested in checking it out, go to: https://vincentfabiano.000webhostapp.com/ I’m now teaching myself JavaScript.

I hope to meet others who are also interested in learning web development, and we can help each other.

When I am not working, I enjoy meeting new people, travel, reading, blogging, photography, baking and cooking.

I hope everyone’s 2019 is a happy and joyful one!

2 Likes

Just too busy with my full time non-remote job :frowning:
Hopefully should be back soon now

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Sheyin from Nigeria, currently living in Nigeria as well. I’m a web developer and partially a graphics designer with several years of working experience. I’m currently a freelancer but would like to join an awesome team for remote work. You can view my website at https://cogent-dev.com and I really look forward establishing some good working relationships here.

1 Like

Welcome to Pangian. @mohamednabil What Stack do you work on?