Winning Resume For Remote Job - Role Play time!

Hi Pangians!

It’s me again–Mag from Pangian!

Since you’ve had a minute to join our community and may be even signed up for my workshop: “How to Land a Remote Job - 5 Secrets to Landing Your Dream Remote Job”, I wanted to give you one huge actionable step you can take now to showcase your competitive advantage so you get noticed by employers and increase your success rate when applying for your dream job.

Role play.

Yes, seriously. Role play!

Pretend you don’t know you and you’ve never seen your resume before. You’re a recruiter or a hiring manager who is seeing your resume for the first time without any prior knowledge of who you are and what you do.

Now do this:

→ Review your resume for the job role you are looking for and try to catch any common sense mistakes that might prevent an employer from seeing your value and your accomplishments in that role:

• Does the resume show right away that you’re applying for this JOB ROLE?

• Does the resume show right away you have experience in this JOB ROLE?

• Does the resume show right away you can deliver results in this JOB ROLE?

• Does the resume show right away that you have skills in this JOB ROLE?

• Is there any information missing that could be helpful to know so you can be confident that the candidate can do that job well and is the best fit for this job?

• Do you see any information that is not related to the job?

→ Check the “REQUIRED”and “PREFERRED” items in job description:

• Are “Required” skills / education / experiences you already have clearly displayed in your resume?

• Are “Preferred” skills / education / experiences you already have clearly displayed in your resume?

• Are the “keywords” included in your resume?

→ Note any areas that can be strengthened where your resume does not fully show HOW GOOD YOU ARE!

• Look for opportunities to add credibility markers (names of companies that are recognizable, names of tools that are recognizable by the employer, % and numbers that shows the scale of tasks you worked on that could be impressive, % and numbers showing your results and accomplishments that could be impressive

RESUME is a lot about “Marketing and Branding Your Fit for the Job You Are Applying,” so what you’re trying to do is catch what blocks an employer from seeing you as the best fit and figure out how to showcase you can do the job well. Better you can showcase your skills, experience, results, and training to show you can do the job, more interviews and job offers you get!

If you take your role-playing seriously, you will come out of it armed with critical information about your resume, your value, and your readiness for your dream job.

The best part? This is something you can do on your own, without any feedback or rejection by the employer.

You’ve got the power to impress your dream employer!

Don’t hold back on showing your value to the world.

And if you need more of my behind-the-scenes recuriting secrets, join me in this FREE session tomorrow: “How to Land a Remote Job - 5 Secrets to Landing Your Dream Remote Job